Near Nehru Park, Dal Lake,
Phone : +91 194 2500454
Fax : +91 194 2500454
1. Prepare for the Yatra by achieving Physical Fitness. It is advisable to start
a preparatory Morning/ Evening walk, about 4-
2. Embark on the Yatra only after obtaining a valid Yatra Permit after due registration as per the procedure prescribed by the SASB.
3. You have to trek through high mountains, facing strong cold winds. Do carry woolen clothing, a small umbrella (which covers the head with elastic around forehead and supported by a strap around the chin), wind-
4. For Ladies, saree is not a suitable dress for the Yatra. Salwar kameez, pant-
5. Keeping in view the tough nature of the trek, small children should not undertake the Yatra.
6. Make sure that the ponywalla, the labouror, the dandiwalla is properly registered and carries an ID Card. You can get these allotted at rates fixed by the local administration, at the camps at Baltal, Nunwan (Pahalgam), Panjtarni etc. Keep the porters and horses/ ponies with your luggage alongside as it may be difficult to trace them in case you get separated from them. This is necessary as you may suddenly need something from your luggage.
7. During the Yatra from Pahalgam/Baltal onwards keep your clothes and eatables in a suitable water proof bag to avoid the belongings getting wet
8. Carry sufficient money to pay for your accommodation at base camps and at other stations enroute to the Holy Cave and for meeting other personal requirements.
9. To enable urgent necessary action in case of any emergency please keep in your pocket a note containing the name/address/mobile telephone number of any Yatri proceeding for Darshan on the same date as you are doing. Also carry your identity card/ driving license and your Yatra Permit issued by the SASB.
10. Carry all the medicines which you take daily and, also some general medicines such as Glucose, Disprin, Combiflam, Move/Iodex, etc.
11. Carry a water bottle, dry fruits, roasted baked grams/channa, toffees, sufficient chocolates, etc. for use during the journey.
12. Keep some Cold Cream/ Vaseline/ Sun Screen with you to protect the skin from the cold winds/ sun. To have clear vision on sunny days keep dark glasses / goggles handy.
13. While trekking, relax for a short while on steep inclines and don’t exert yourself beyond your normal capacity.
14. The best way to perform the Yatra is to maintain a slow and steady pace. You will unnecessarily exhaust/tire yourself by walking fast.
15. Provide all help to fellow Yatris, traveling with you and perform Yatra with a pious mind.
16. Yatris are advised to strictly follow the instructions issued by the Yatra Administration from time to time.
17. Earth, water, air, fire, and sky are integral parts of Lord Shiva. The Base Camps and the entire Yatra routes are the abode of Shri Amarnathji. You must, therefore, respect the environment and do nothing whatsoever to pollute it. Use of Plastic is strictly banned and punishable under law.
18. Use latrines / bathrooms in camps erected by Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board. Don’t defécate in the open.
19. Cash offerings should be put in donation boxes of Shrine Board only. You may also prefer to donate through this website.
1. Don’t stop at places which are marked by warning notices.
2. Don’t smoke and don’t carry/consume any kind of narcotic or alcoholic substance.
3. Don’t use slippers because there are steep rises and falls on the route to the Holy Cave. Wear shoes with laces.
4. Don’t attempt any short cuts on the route as doing so would be dangerous. Do not break traffic discipline or try to overtake others in difficult stretches of the route.
5. Do not do anything during the entire Yatra which could cause pollution or disturb the environment of the Yatra area. Use of polythene is banned in the State and is punishable under law.
6. Do not touch or tamper with Holy Lingam and / or place or throw anything on the Holy Lingam. Do not use flash cameras inside Cave. Do not light incense sticks (agarbatties) or Dhoop inside cave.